Alexandra Park is one of Glasgow’s most significant parks, one of four designed by Sir Joseph Paxton. The 104 acre park takes its name from Princess Alexandra, the wife of the future King Edward VII, who officially opened the Park in 1870. The highest point of the park gives views north to Ben Lomond and south to Tinto hills. The City Improvement Trustees purchased the park in 1866 from Mr Walter Stewart of Haghill.
Glasgow Council’s Development and Regeneration Services and Land and Environmental Services are carrying out a consultation on the draft Design Guide for New Residential Areas (NB: ~8MB PDF).
View Onslow Square in a larger map
Onslow Square suffers from extensive dog-fouling and littering which has resulted in the site deteriorating to a condition that has an adverse effect on the environmental standard of the whole community.