The Dennistoun Community Council Area
The area covered by Dennistoun Community Council has a population of 15,823 and includes the following East End Glasgow neighbourhoods, locations, geographical features (in part or whole);
- The Drives
- Dennistoun Village
- Hanson Park
- Glasgow Necropolis
- Alexandra Park
- Hogarth Park
- Alexandra Parade
- Duke Street
- Bellgrove Railway Station
- Duke Street Railway Station
- Alexandra Parade Railway Station
- It is bounded to the north by the M8.
- The eastern border extends down along the east side of Alexandra Park and through the middle of Hogarth Park.
- The railway line between Parkhead Forge shopping centre and Bellgrove Station provides most of the southern boundary. The rest of southern border is completed by Bellgrove Street up to Duke Street, and then Duke Street along to the west side of the Wellpark Brewery.
- The western boundary runs up alongside Tennent’s and then between the Necropolis and Glasgow Royal Infirmary, up to the M8.
It straddles the following Glasgow City Council Wards;
- Ward 18 – East Centre (the majority of the DCC area)
- Ward 9 – Calton (the Reidvale portion of the DCC area)
It straddles the following Scottish Parliament Constituencies;
- Glasgow Provan (the majority of the DCC area)
- Glasgow Shettleston (the Reidvale portion of the DCC area, south of Duke Street)
It straddles the following Westminster Parliamentary Constituencies;
- Glasgow North East (the majority of the DCC area)
- Glasgow East (east of the railway, and south of Duke Street and Carntyne Road)
- Glasgow Central (the necropolis, west of Firpark Street, and north of Ladywell Street)
Click here to download a pdf map of the area covered by Dennistoun Community Council (note: ~2MB file).
The Surrounding Area
These are our neighbouring Community Councils (and the wards they are a part of);
- To the north -Royston (Ward 17 – Springburn); Germiston (Ward 17 – Springburn)
- To the north-east -Molendinar (Ward 21 – North East)
- To the east -Gartcraig (Ward 18 – East Centre)
- To the south-east – Parkhead (Ward 9 – Calton & Ward 19 – Shettleston)
- To the south – Camlachie (Ward 9 – Calton); Calton (Ward 9 – Calton); and beyond, Bridgeton/Dalmarnock (Ward 9 – Calton)
- To the south-west -Merchant City (Ward 10 – Anderston/City)
- To the west -Townhead (Ward 10 – Anderston/City)
- To the north-west -Sighthill (Ward 16 – Canal & Ward 17 – Springburn)
Click here to download a PDF map of all the Community Council areas of Glasgow (note: ~14MB file).