Dennistoun Community Council (DCC) has 5 vacancies: 3 are due to retirement of long-standing members; 2 are newly created as DCC has increased from 15 to 17 members.
Nomination forms are available for download here, from Dennistoun Library on Craigpark, the Co-operative Store on Alexandra Parade, Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre on Whitevale Street off Duke Street, or via communitycouncilsglasgow.org.uk.
Community Councillors have a role to bridge the gap between local authorities and communities and to highlight the opinions, needs and preferences of the communities they represent. Browse around the site to get a feel for what we do, or contact us if you have any questions.
DCC next meets on Tuesday 13th May 2014 (7pm, Gingerbread Hall). Meetings are open to the public and all are welcome. See here for more details.
- Completed forms should be returned by 12 noon Friday 30th May 2014 to: Dennistoun Community Council Election, FREEPOST RRAR-TXKT-XREH, Democratic Services, Glasgow City Council, 82 George Square, G2 1DU.
- All persons aged over 16 years and resident in the community council area can stand for election.
- All persons aged over 16 years and resident in the community council area are entitled to vote in elections.
- All proposers and seconders must be resident in the community council area and aged over 16 years.
- Candidates, proposers and seconders names should appear on the electoral register or a supplementary list.
Print version (PDF) of poster available for download here.