If you’re affected by cancer you may want to know there’s someone you can turn to for help. Someone who can help find answers to your questions, whatever they may be.
If you want to find information, support and practical help or would just like someone to talk to, call in on one of the Macmillan Information and Support Drop In Services at Dennistoun Library, held every Thursday from 1pm to 3pm.
You can talk through issues and concerns with staff and trained volunteers who support people affected by cancer, including friends and relatives of those diagnosed. As well as the support service, they also have counselling and complementary therapies provided by Cancer Support Scotland.
Examples of services and help available include:
- Emotional support or just someone to talk to.
- Information and booklets on all aspects of living with and beyond cancer.
- Arrange free and local counselling and complementary therapy appointments.
- Put you in touch with your local Macmillan Benefits
- Adviser who can help with your financial worries.
- Direct you to good quality internet sites for cancer information and support.
- Help to access a wide range of other local services such as Move More Glasgow and carers support.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 287 2903.