Community councils across Glasgow are required to hold elections every 4 years. Dennistoun Community Council’s next election date is Tuesday 14th October 2014 and there are 17 vacancies.
All current members are required to stand down (although members may decide to stand for re-election for a further 4 years).
Community Councillors have a role to bridge the gap between local authorities and communities and to highlight the opinions, needs and preferences of the communities they represent. Browse around the site to get a feel for what we do, or contact us if you have any questions.
The applicable geographical area can be viewed on our locality page.
Nomination forms are available for download here, from Dennistoun Library on Craigpark, the Co-operative Store on Alexandra Parade, Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre on Whitevale Street off Duke Street, Milnbank Housing Association on Ballindalloch Drive north of Alexandra Parade, or via communitycouncilsglasgow.org.uk.
Nominations must be submitted to Glasgow City Council by 12 noon on Friday 19th September 2014. Should 17 or fewer nominations be received by the closing date, the uncontested election will take place on 14th October 2014 and will begin at 7.00pm at the Gingerbread Hall, 128 Armadale Street. If more than 17 nominations are received by the closing date then a secret ballot will take place on 14th October 2014 at the Gingerbread Hall, 128 Armadale Street, commencing at 5.30pm and finishing at 8.30pm.
- Completed forms should be returned by 12 noon Friday 19th September 2014 to: Dennistoun Community Council Election, FREEPOST RRAR-TXKT-XREH, Democratic Services, Glasgow City Council, 82 George Square, G2 1DU (or in person, via the reception at 40 John Street).
- All persons aged over 16 years and resident in the community council area are entitled to vote in community council elections.
- All persons aged over 16 years, resident in the community council area and on the electoral register or a supplementary list are entitled to stand, be a proposer and be a seconder in community council elections.
- 19th September: Closing date for nominations.
- 9th September: DCC meeting, from 7.00pm at the Gingerbread Hall. All welcome.
- 14th October: Elections take place. DCC AGM.