Dennistoun Community Council is holding an interim election in order to fill two vacancies.
- There are 2 vacancies on the community council, as a result of the membership being increased to 18.
- Nomination forms can be downloaded via this link (for the PDF) or, alternatively, hard copies will be available from from our designated sites: Dennistoun Library, Reidvale HA, Milnbank HA.
- The deadline for submissions of completed forms is Tuesday 6th January 2015.
- All persons aged over 16 years, resident in the Dennistoun Community Council area and on the electoral register or a supplementary list are entitled to stand, be a proposer and be a seconder in community council elections.
- If one or two eligible submissions are recieved, the proposals will be automatically appointed. If more than two submissions are recieved, there will be a vote at the next meeting.
- The meeting where new members will be appointed shall be held on 13th January 2015.
Community Councillors have a role to bridge the gap between local authorities and communities and to highlight the opinions, needs and preferences of the communities they represent. Browse around the site to get a feel for what we do, or contact us if you have any questions.